Simpl3r (we, us or our), understands that protecting your personal information is important.
collected by us when providing our website “Simpl3r” (Services) or when otherwise interacting with you.
The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not,
about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
When you visit our website:
● your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and
sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
● your email address;
● your year of birth;
● your preferences and/or opinions;
● your username for third-party services such as Discord and Twitter;
● information you provide to us, including through feedback, customer surveys or otherwise;
● details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our
response to you;
● support requests submitted to us and our response to you;
● information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your
communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system
you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
● additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our
Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit
us to collect information; and
● any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive
information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade
union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or
practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Sensitive information: We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect
sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it
as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
● Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for
an account, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or
over the telephone.
● Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us,
such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
● From third parties: We collect personal information from third parties to assist us provide our Services to
you, including but not limited to
−Twitter, who provide us with confirmation of your Twitter account. For more information on Twitter’s
−Discord, who provide us with confirmation of your Discord account. For more information on
−details of your use of our website from our analytics and cookie providers and marketing providers.
Twitter, Discord and any other third-party service providers who collect your personal information may have their own
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
When you visit our website:
● to provide our website to you;
● to contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via our website;
● to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and/or
● if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
● to enable you to access and use our Services, including to provide you with a login;
● to enable you to access and use our associated applications;
● to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including in response to any support requests you
lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
● for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
● for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services,
● to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
● for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and
services and other information that we consider may be of interest to you;
● to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
● if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
● third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including
(without limitation) IT service providers including Twitter and Discord, data storage, web-hosting and server
providers, email marketing providers, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers,
marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
● our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
● our existing or potential agents or business partners;
● sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
● anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
● courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have
provided to you;
● courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in
connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our
legal rights; and
● third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when
you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any
other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
● any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
We may store personal information overseas. Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above,
these third parties may also store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Unless we seek and receive your consent to an overseas disclosure of your personal information, we will only disclose your
personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar
to the Australian Privacy Principles and/or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to require that
overseas recipients protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
personal information to us, however, if you do not, it may affect our ability to provide our Services to you and your use of
Information from third parties: If we receive personal information about you from a third party, we will protect it as set out
warrant that you have such person’s consent to provide the personal information to us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of
communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the
opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable
for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to
your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably
possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we
can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to
give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or
misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information
found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally
permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as
reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the
complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our
investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also
have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access
or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure
personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us
over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information.
However, they do recognise you when you return to our online website and allow third parties, such as Google and
Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting
campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our online website with personal information, this information may be linked
to the data stored in the cookie.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all
or parts of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other party’s websites. We do not have any control over those websites and we are not
responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst visiting those websites.
We use Google’s Application Programming Interface (API) Service to insert why our client is accessing information: ie access
your email account to read your emails in order to enable you to [insert purpose.
Our use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the
Limited Use requirements (set out in the Google API Services User Data Policy).
We limit our use of the personal information that we collect to providing or improving our Services. We do not use the
personal information for any other purposes.
We only transfer the personal information to others if it is necessary to provide or improve our Services or as necessary to
comply with applicable law or as part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets where we notify you of this.
We do not use or transfer the personal information for serving ads, including retargeting, personalised or interest based
We don’t allow humans to read the personal information unless
●we have first received your consent to view specific messages, files or other data;
●it is necessary for security purposes (such as investigating a bug or abuse);
●our use is limited to internal operations and the personal information (including derivations) have been
aggregated and anonymised.
These restrictions apply to the raw data we obtain from the restricted scopes and data that is aggregated, anonymised or
derived from them.
We have policies and procedures in place setting out appropriate safeguards for protecting your personal information
obtained with the Google APIs. We will also ensure that our employees, agents, contractors and successors comply with the
Google API Services Data Policy.
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Last update: 6 May 2022
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd